As a medical student in Punjab, choosing the right college is a crucial decision that can shape your career. With so many options to consider, it can be overwhelming to make the right choice. To help you out, here is a comprehensive list of medical colleges in Punjab affiliated with the University of Health Sciences (UHS).
List of All Punjab Medical Colleges Affiliated with UHS
Public Medical Colleges
- Allama Iqbal Medical College, Lahore
- Nishtar Medical University, Multan
- Fatima Jinnah Medical University, Lahore
- King Edward Medical University, Lahore
- Rawalpindi Medical University, Rawalpindi
- Punjab Medical College, Faisalabad
- Quaid-e-Azam Medical College, Bahawalpur
- Sargodha Medical College, Sargodha
- Shaikh Zayed Medical College, Rahim Yar Khan
- Khawaja Muhammad Safdar Medical College, Sialkot
- Gujranwala Medical College, Gujranwala
Private Medical Colleges
- Ameer-ud-Din Medical College, Lahore
- FMH College of Medicine and Dentistry, Lahore
- University College of Medicine and Dentistry, Lahore
- Azra Naheed Medical College, Lahore
- Shalamar Medical and Dental College, Lahore
- Lahore Medical and Dental College, Lahore
- Central Park Medical College, Lahore
- Multan Medical and Dental College, Multan
- Independent Medical College, Faisalabad
- Pak Red Crescent Medical and Dental College, Lahore
The admission process for medical colleges in Punjab affiliated with UHS typically involves an entrance exam called the Medical and Dental Colleges Admission Test (MDCAT). The test assesses the knowledge and skills of the applicants in areas such as biology, chemistry, physics, and English. After the test, the colleges release merit lists based on the scores, and the selected students go through an interview process. The admission criteria and process may vary slightly from college to college, so it’s best to check with the individual institutions for detailed information.
The fee structure for medical colleges in Punjab affiliated with UHS varies depending on the college and the program. Generally, the fees for public medical colleges are lower than those for private medical colleges. The average annual tuition fees for public medical colleges range from PKR 50,000 to PKR 150,000, while those for private medical colleges range from PKR 1,000,000 to PKR 2,500,000. Additionally, students may need to pay for other expenses such as accommodation, transportation, and textbooks.
Choosing a medical college in Punjab is a significant decision that requires careful consideration of factors such as location, reputation, faculty, and cost. This list of medical colleges in Punjab affiliated with UHS and their admission criteria and fee structures can help you make an informed choice. Remember to research and compare different options to find the best fit for your academic and professional goals. Good luck!