Every Pakistani dreams of joining the army in a certain way. Some wanted to serve the country by joining the armed forces, while some try to serve humanity by joining Army Medical Colleges in 2023. But, the criteria to join the army is not easy as well.
You have to go through various trials to be a part of the army and wear a khaki uniform and serve your country. To serve one’s country is the proudest moment of a doctor’s life. Moreover, the army medical college ranks as one of the top medical colleges in Pakistan. And it is the dream of many Pakistanis to become doctors by studying in army medical college. May Allah (S.W.T) help you pursue your dreams.
Army Medical College Admission 2023
One of the noblest, honorable jobs is to serve your country with full potential and from your heart and soul as well. Each year thousands of students get admission to army medical college and thousands of students complete graduation (MBBS and BDS).
Army Medical College is affiliated with NUMS – National University Of Medical Sciences. For studying in army college, you need to give a separate entrance tests other than MCAT. There are two types of tests for MBBD/BDS students.
- Medical Cadet Course – MC Test
- NUMS Entry Test – Both for NUMS Cadets and Paying Cadets
Students can take admission to Army Medical College in the following ways.
- Army Medical Cadets (Male Only)
- NUMS Cadets (Male/Female)
- Paying Cadets (Male/Female)
- Foreign Cadets (Male/Female)
There are some about gaining admission in armed institutes. Let me clarify for you. These are mentioned below.
- Girls can not get admission to army medical college.
- You need to have an army background to get admission.
- After completing your education at an armed institute, you will have to serve in the army throughout your life.
Courses Offered By the Armed Institute Of Medical Sciences
- Undergraduate Programs (MBBD/BDS)
- Postgraduate Programs (M.Phil., FCPS, Ph.D.)
Total Seats in AMC Rawalpindi
Total of 258 seats are available for MBBS and BDS students.
- MBBS 204 Seats
- BDS 54 Seats
- Age: 20-26 Years
- Qualification: FSC (Pre-Medical) from Board Of Intermediate and Secondary Education having 60% aggregate from matric and FSc. Or an equivalent qualification – Overseas High School Certificate/British General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level)/International Baccalaureate with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, approved by PMC.
- M Cadet: 4th or Final Year MBBS student of PMC recognized Medical College.
- Weight: As per Body Mass Index (BMI).
- Height: 5 feet 4 inches.
- Nationality: Pakistani or Azad Kashmir/ Gilgit Domicile. A candidate with dual nationality will have to surrender to another nationality.
Any candidate is not eligible to apply for any seat in the armed forces because of the below-given conditions.
- Declared medically unfit by Medical Board.
- Declared unfit due to severe Hepatitis B, C virus.
- Declared unfit by Armed Force Hospitals.
- Removed from any Govt. job.
- Screened out by ISSB (twice).
- Twice rejected by GHQ/AHQ/NHQ selection Board.
- Candidate for any reason left himself from training/ Academic of the army.
- Free of cost for Medical Cadets.
- NUMS or Paying Cadets will have to pay 220,000 PKR annually.
- Foreign Cadets will have to pay $ 12,000 per year.
How To Get Admission In Army Medical College?
The above mentioned are the three ways to get admission to army medical college.
Army Cadet Course
To get admission through Army Cadet Couse, you have to go through various trials. And it is mandatory for you to pass all the trials to get admission. Various procedures, you have to go through in order to pass the army cadet course are given below.
- Academic Test: This is the major part of the test. A test paper having MCQS is given to the candidate, which he/she has to solve in a limited period of time. The paper is from your FSc syllabus only and consists of Biology, Physics, Chemistry and English.
- Initial Intelligence Test: This test consists of two parts- verbal and nonverbal. First, you have to qualify the verbal test.
- Physical Test: This is an important test to check the physical abilities of the candidate.
- Medical Test: This test is conducted in Army Selection and Recruitment Centre (ASRC), under the supervision of the army doctors panel. This test is conducted in various cities of Pakistan like Multan, Rawalpindi, Lahore, Karachi and Peshawar. This test is to check weight, height and eyesight. Some blood samples are also taken for screening.
- Personality Test: This test is conducted to check the expertise of a person. A candidate who had qualifies above tests is called at GHQ for two days.
- Final Selection and further process: After passing the whole tests the selected candidates are called on GHQ, where they are asked to sign papers. After degree, they will serve 13 years in military. And then these undergraduate cadets are sent to GHQ PA Directorate at Army Medical Corps School and Center Abbottabad for 22 weeks of basic training.
To get admission through NUMS cadets, a candidate has to give a test names National Testing Service (NTS). This test is conducted twice a year between the months of August and September across the big cities of Pakistan.
Both males and females can attempt NTS. They can attempt both tests conducted the same year. And for applying in the army, they can submit the result with the highest scores. For the NUMS test, you need to register yourself at the NTS website.
How to register yourself for NUMS NTS?
- Open the NTS website and click on Registration Button.
- Carefully fill in the required information and then select your test center from the options like Multan, Rawalpindi, Lahore, Quetta, Islamabad, Peshawar, Karachi, Bahawalpur, Dera Ismail Khan and Gwadar.
- A challan of 3000 PKR will be generated. Download it and submit it to your nearest HBL Bank and get the original challan with the NUMS stamp for yourself.
- Now, post the printed application and paid challan to NTS headquarters.
What to bring for the Test?
- Original CNIC or NIC by NADRA or original “B” form.
- Copy of Roll No slip.
- Two Ballpoints. Markers, pens, and pencils are not allowed.
NUMS Test Percentage Requirement
- 50% FSc
- 50% NUMS test. And those with 70% at NUMS can also apply.
Note: You can check the NTS results after a week on their official website.
Admission To AMC
Once you are on merit. You need to fill the admission form of AMC, Rawalpindi.
- Buy the prospectus (3000 PKR), Fill out the form carefully.
- Now, attach the attested copies of the following documents.
- Two Photographs.
- SSC result Copy (Matriculation).
- HSSC result Copy (FSc).
- Copy of CNIC or “B” Form.
The procedure to apply for paying cadets is a little bit different. You need to go through various procedures. These are given below.
Buy a Paying Cadet Form
You need to fill paying cadets form before applying for the NUMS test. You can get the PC form from the following branches.
- Army Cadets from GHQ.
- Air Force Cadets from AHQ.
- Navy Cadets from NHQ.
Now Fill out the form and attach attested copies of the given documents.
- Original CNIC or NIC by NADRA or original “B” form.
- Copy of SSC (matriculation) and HSSC (FSc) result.
- Release certification of a parent who served in the army/air force/ navy. (If retired)
- Now submit the form to GHQ/AHQ/NHQ.
Register for NUMS Test
Now you need to register for the NUMS test. All the procedures till test are the same for Paying Cadets as NUMS Cadets.
For Foreign Applicants
Dual nationality students can also apply for the army. They have to quit the other nationality. Following are the procedure and requirements for foreign candidates.
- A-Levels – British Certification of Education.
- Cambridge Higher School Certification (Overseas).
- National High School (Foreign).
- The candidate must qualify for the subjects like biology, chemistry, and physics with combined marks of 60% or equivalent.
- They can also apply for the NUMS test.
- If this is not possible for them, then they can give SAT-II. The minimum requirement for SAT-II is that the test subjects must include biology, physics, and chemistry. And the candidate must score 550 in each subject.
- Or they can also pass the foreign MCAT with 500/528 for admission.
Now submit the AMC form as described above and wait for the merit list.
Note: Do not wait for the call. Check yourself manually. Sometimes, you miss a call from the officials.
History Of Army Medical College
A military institute named AMC was established in 1977 as a residential institution. This medical college also allows admission to civilians through above-given methods. Initially, the army medical college was affiliated with Quaid-e-Azam University (QMC), Islamabad.
Back then from 1985 to 2015, this college got its affiliated with the National University of Science and Technology (NUST). Currently, AMC is affiliated with the National University Of Medical Science (NUMS). But, the degree awarded is by Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC).
AMC Events And Societies
In army medical college, there is not just study. Some extracurricular activities like sports and events take place each year. Army Medical College includes societies that are linked to health.
Below given is the list of societies in AMC.
- Blood Donation Society
- Debating and Literary Society
- Amcolian Music Society
- Arts and Graphic Society
- Dramatics Society
- Community Service Society
- SURF Society
For Sports, every year spring festival is conducted where sports week takes place. This is specially conducted for students aside from studies and to refresh their minds. The whole week is celebrated from the opening ceremony to the closing ceremony.
Awards are distributed between position holder teams in different sports. Sports may be indoor or outdoor. Girls and boys of each year in AMC participate separately on behalf of their class. These sports are conducted in the presence of a huge audience from different years. Every student cheers up for their own team.
On campus following courts are available for sports.
- A table tennis court
- A hard court for tennis
- A clay court
- Indoor badminton court
Hotel Facility For Medical Students
Students who gain admission through any of the above categories are accommodated with hostel facilities. The army offers separate hostels for boys and girls. And the best thing about them apart from facilities is that are located inside the campus.
These hostels are named seven cadet companies. As, it is an army hostel, there are strict rules for the students living. You need to follow the army protocols strictly if you join army hostels. Moreover, you do not need to worry about security. Hostel security comes under the army.
Benefits of Living In Army Hostels
- Excellent and comfortable residential facility
- Medical Facility
- Indoor and Outdoor activities (sports room)
- Weekly market pick and drop
- TV Lounge for some fun time
- Learning Resource Center (LRC)
How To Get Admission In Army Hostel?
Getting enrolled in army hostels is very easy. After you are on merit for army medical college, you came to submit the dues of admission to your studies. Make sure to visit hostels and enquire about a spare bed in a hostel.
A spare bed means space in the hostel. If available, ask for your admission in the army hostel. Take the hostel prospectus. Fill out the admission form. Attach the required documents and then submit your admission form along with hostel dues. This will help you secure a room in the hostel.
Our team has decided it’s best to let you guys know the criteria, requirements and procedures to apply for army medical college. We hope that you will find this blog beneficial for you. Hopefully, you can secure a seat in AMC as well.
How can I apply for AMC?
You can apply for AMC by filling out the form and be on merit. For detailed description. Read the article above.
How many marks are required to get admission in Army Medical College?
You need to have 60% aggregate in matriculation and FSc.
Which is the best Army Medical College in Pakistan?
Army Medical College, Rawalpindi ranks as one of the top medical colleges.
What do I have to do if I apply for NUMS Cadets?
If you want to apply through NUMS Cadets. You need to give NTS test. For a brief guide read NUMS Cadets above.
How can I get admission in Army medical college?
You can apply through 4 phases.
- Army Cadets Course
- NUMS Cadets
- Paying Cadets
What was the merit list of Army Medical College in 2021?
Last year, the merit list for MBBS was from 94.840% to 91.695%. And the merit list for BDS was from 91.695% to 91.345%.